These slides were prepared as a lecture for MA English Literature (Distance Learning), Govt. College University, Faisalabad. The topics included are as follows:
- The process of writing
- Pre-writing (Mapping, Listing, Free writing)
- Paragraph and its structure (Topic sentence, concluding sentence, supporting details, examples and explanation)
- Types of paragraph: compare and contrast, opinion (argumentative), narrative, descriptive, problem solution
- Essay and its structure (Thesis statement, introduction, conclusion, body paragraphs)
- Types of essay: narrative, descriptive, argumentative, comparison contrast, problem solution.
Following books were mainly consulted though some internet sources were also tapped.
- Academic writing: A handbook for international students By Bailey S. 2011
- College writing from paragraph to essay By Dorothy E. Zemach, Lisa A. Rumisek
- Real Writing with Readings Paragraphs and Essays for College, Work and Everyday Life By Susan Anker